Top 10 Family Things To Do
The Dingle Peninsula is the perfect family break destination with so much to do, amazing scenery and outdoor activities around every corner. Our top 10 list of family things to do will ensure you and your family get the very best of enjoyment from your visit to County Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula.
10. The Aquadome, Tralee. The capital town of Kerry is a 1hr drive from Dingle and is home to The Aquadome, one of Irelands largest indoor waterworlds.
9. The Playidum, Tralee. The Playidum is a soft play center in Tralee, Co.Kerry. Ideal for a rainy day activity it is suitable from tiny tots to older children.
8. Horse Riding. Within close reach to the hotel you can choose from a selection of Horse Riding options including Longs Horse Riding and Dingle Horse Riding who both offer treaks in the beautiful West Kerry countryside.
7. Hold a Baby Lamb. Located in Ventry, Hold a Baby Lamb and visit the Beehive huts is a must see on your visit.
6. Sandy Feet Farm. Located in Camp, a 25 min drive from the hotel, Sandy Feet Farm is a family run open farm. The farm animals include cows, pigs, donkeys, alpacas, sheep, chickens and goats. The farm also hasn a sensory garden, playground, go kart track and a tractor and trailer ride.
5. Funky Pink Boats. Departing from Dingle Marina, a 5min walk from the hotel, you can drive your own boat which is great fun for all the family. Each boat holds 5 people and you can explore Dingle Harbour in such a fun way.
4. Dingle Dolphin Boat Tours offer a number of tours but their 2 hour mini Eco Tour is perfect for families. During this tour you will see the spectacular scenery with every chance of seeing local marine wildlife such as dolphins, whales, seals and puffins.
3. Splash Sports. Castlegregory is a popular water sport destination and Splash Sports have a huge selection of water activities to choose from. Their Aquapark at Sandy Bay is open during June, July and August and the while family can enjoy full size Trampolines with slide and walk the plank, Canoeing, Stand up Paddle Boarding, Giant SUP, Pedalos, boogie boarding as well as offering wetsuit hire.
2. Jamie Knox Watersports offer a wide selection of surfing, windsurfing and stand up paddleboarding lessons from their base in the Maharees. They offer a family surf lesson which is great fun for all the family!
1. Dingle Oceanworld. Our top choice for families of all ages at all times of year is the amazing Dingle Oceanworld. Irelands largest aquarium is home to a collection including Sand Tiger Sharks, Gentoo Penguins, Asian Short-Clawed Otters and includes an abundance of different fish species. The gift shop has a wonderful selection of gifts.